PAPER & PAPERBOARD PRODUCTION & CONSUMPTION FOR SWEDEN
|HOME||COUNTRY WISE STATISTICS|
|S.N.||Particular||Time of Information||Source|
|03||Total Pulp/Paper/Paperboard Production||10.164||2015||
|03.3||Writing & printing||2.866|
|07||Per Capita Consumption (Kg./year/person)||119.0|
|08.0||Recovered Paper: Collection||1.175|
|09.0||Wood Pulp: Production||11.622|
|10||No. of Pulp/Paper Mills|
|11||Main Raw Materials|
All Production, Import, Export and Net Consumption numbers are in Million Metric Tons (1,000,000,000 Kg.) Please provide if you have the latest info. If you want to write a Blog please send me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will review it and publish
- World's 3rd largest exporter of pulp, paper and sawn timber
- Export value, 2015: SEK 127 billion
- 80% of the products are exported
- A little over SEK 12 billion was invested in 2015
Production volumes, 2015
- 11.6 million tonnes of pulp (of which 3.9 million tonnes market pulp)
- 10.2 million tonnes of paper
- 18.1 million cubic metres of sawn timber
- 70,000 employees in forestry
- A further 30,000 one-man businesses active in forestry
- 70% of Sweden is forest land.
- 80% of the forest land is in active use.
- 1% of the forest resource is felled annually.
- Over the past 90 years, Sweden's forest resource has doubled.
- 96% of the heating energy used by the forest industry is bioenergy.
- Electricity consumption: 20 TWh per year – just over 15% of Sweden's total electricity consumption.
- Of the country's total greenhouse gas emissions, the forest industry accounts for around 1%.
- Since the start of the 1980s, pulp and paper mills have reduced the organic materials they release into the water system by 90%. At the same time, pulp production has risen by 30%.
- Since the start of the 1980s, pulp and paper mills have reduced the sulphur compounds they release into the air by 90%. At the same time, pulp production has risen by 30%.
- Sweden's largest purchaser of transport services – SEK 25 billion annually
- Every year, Sweden invests SEK 2 billion in forest research at universities, colleges and institutes.
- Forest industry companies annually invest SEK 2.3 billion in their own research.
Members of the Swedish Forest Industries Federation
- 50 pulp and paper mills
- 120 sawmills
- 40 companies closely connected to the production of pulp, paper or timber goods
Sweden's share of the world's forest area with pulp, paper and sawn timber production and exports
Top 5 Wood Pulp Producing Countries (Million Metric Ton in 2015)
Top 5 Wood Pulp Exporting Countries (Million Metric Ton in 2015)
Top 5 Paper & Paperboard Exporting Countries (Million Metric Ton in 2015)
Top 5 Wood Pulp Consuming Countries (Million Metric Ton in 2015)